If you would like to speak to somebody at the workshop the number is 01434 394 827
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How will my order be delivered?
All orders are dispatched via Royal Mail.
– Orders over £100 are sent ‘Special Delivery’ free of charge.
– If your order is under £100 and you would like it sent ‘Special Delivery’ you may choose this at the check out, the price is £7.95
– Saturday Special Delivery is £12.95
– International Tracked is £7.00
Orders for Special Delivery next day before these delivery services need to be received before 1pm.
2. How long will it take for my order to be delivered.
Usually we work on a 5-7 day turnaround. Occasionally it can be longer during very busy periods. Please do get in touch if you need your order in a hurry and I will do my very best to accommodate.
3. I can see this item in gold but I would like it in silver?
Many pieces in the collection are available in Sterling Silver or 14ct Rolled Gold and many are also available in 14ct Rose Rolled Gold, please choose from the drop down menu on the product page. Rings, Studs and lots of other items are also available in 9 or 18ct Gold.
4. Do you do custom work?
Yes with fine jewellery only. I am unable to repair any pieces not made by Sarah Hickey Jewellery Ltd.
5. Do you have a shop that I can visit.
We are very excited to announce that we are now open, our new jewellery studio is on the first floor of the Queens Hall in Hexham.
Open Studio Hours are as follows:
Monday – by appointment only
Wednesday – by appointment only
Friday – by appointment only
First Saturday of the month 11-4pm
Sunday – Closed
Although the website was launched in 2010, this is my first bricks and mortar venture and I hope all of our wonderful customers near and far will be able to come and enjoy the collection ‘in the flesh’.
6. Do you deliver abroad?
Yes frequently, all international orders are sent via International Tracked, and the price is £7.00
7. Can I pick up my order in person.
Yes my workshop is in the town of Hexham, please get in touch if you’d like to pick up from my directly.
8. Do you have a return policy?
Yes, in accordance with the Distance Seller Regulations all orders are returnable within 14 days for exchange or refund.
9. Can I speak to you on the phone about my order.
Yes, my workshop number is 01434 394 827. We sometimes do not hear the phone because we are hammering, please leave a message and we’ll get back to you asap.
10. I would like a different length for a necklace, is this possible?
Yes please let us know at the checkout, or you can send an email after your order, please refer to your order number. P
11. I’ve lost one earring, can I buy just one from you to make a pair again?
Yes, charges are 0.5 the price of the original pair, plus delivery which is £4. In order to create a pair again I must have your remaining earrings back (as stones need to be matched into pairs and I must find a fitting ‘partner’ for your remaining earring.
Please get in touch if you’d need to purchase ‘half a pair’.
12. What is 14ct Rolled Gold?
Rolled Gold or Gold Filled is an actual layer of pure gold pressure-bonded (‘Rolled’) to the core metal. Rolled Gold is not to be confused with gold plating or Vermeil as Rolled Gold literally has 100% more gold than gold plating. Rolled Gold is much more valuable and tarnish resistant. It does not flake off, rub off or turn colours.
13. Do you do gift vourchers?
Yes, please follow this link here
14. Will my purchase be packaged in a box?
Yes! all of my pieces are sent in a pretty ribboned box and are gift ready.
15. I don’t know my ring size?
You can either order a free ring sizer from us , or you can visit a local jewelers get your ring size and let us know. If you ring purchase is a surprise gift then we offer ring resizing .
16. Legal Information
Sarah Hickey Jewellery Ltd.
Company Number: 09446769
VAT Number: 155892081